Sunday, September 26, 2010

A good cup.....

Several days this week have been in the 50-60 degree range and maybe dipping into the 40's just a bit. That is really not all that strange for Minnesota this time of year. The trees are just starting to change color from green to red, orange, yellow and little brown. The air conditioner is off, the heater is not on yet but on a brisk morning for the non coffee drinker one has to wonder, "Where can I find a good cup of hot chocolate?"

Well, I have found more than one great place for coco over the years and am always telling people in conversations how to find them. At the same time, I have also been told by my friends that I have not really gotten into the blogging world. That has been a bit of a surprise for them because I read a lot of blogs and am always telling people to read this blogs and sending links to various blogs I find kind of funny. So, I decided to make my foray into the world of blogging by sharing where one can find a great cup of hot chocolate and other great places where you can get the random specialty item to eat.

First on the hit list of hot coco, I recommend the hot chocolate machine at Glen's One Stop. Admittedly, I have a soft spot for Glen's because it happens to be one of the first places I worked growing up. Glen's has one of the coffee/hot chocolate dispensers. I usually do not like these machines because they produce for hot chocolate is somewhat to really watery. In addition to the hot chocolate dispenser they also have a flavored non-dairy creamer dispenser. Amongst the choices in the flavor is amaretto, Irish cream, raspberry and vanilla. One of the great things about Glen's is the price. One will pay about $1.50 for a large cup or $1.00 for a medium cup. This is a great value compared to the $3.80+ a cup you pay at Starbucks. Glen's will also cut that price in half if you filled up on gas.


I give Glen's 4 cups out of 5 for price and taste of the coco. The only way to improve this would be to have whipped cream or to be made with real milk. Otherwise, it is hard to beat for the price.

Well that is my first post of the new blog.....

No comments: